This program is intended to address the serious complications and symptomatic challenges induced by extreme hunger among vulnerable school children in most parts of sub-Saharan Africa. Many of the parents are hardly able to meet the basic food needs of their children. In consequence, the children go to school on an empty stomach daily. This is greatly affecting the performances of children in school and even accounts for one of the reasons why school children are dropping out of school. Those who remain in the classroom also hardly pay attention to teachings and most of the times even sleep in class while the lesson is ongoing.
As an organization which is entirely dedicated to the social, physical, moral and professional upbringing of children, we, therefore, created this program to form part of the effort of ensuring that, children being the future leaders, will receive quality basic education for a promising future. We strongly believe that, with your support, the program will gradually shift beyond our initial focus on the alleviation of immediate hunger. Instead, it will improve learning for children, model good nutrition, and relieve family stress for a wide catchment of children, not only the poor. Despite assertions that school feeding programs have unintended negative consequences such as dependency and stigmatization to communities, we believe that the overall benefit to realize when the program is fully supported will far outweigh these tendencies.
Dused pretium, ligula sollicitudin laoreet viverra, tortor libero sodales leo, eget blandit nunc tortor ucnibh. Nullam mollis. Ut justo.
The following list of benefits remains a priority:
- The motivation for parents to enroll their children and see that they attend school regularly.
- Improvement in the nutritional status of school children and alleviation of short-term hunger in malnourished or otherwise well-nourished schoolchildren.
- Improvement in cognitive functions and academic performance of the school children. This is because it reduces absenteeism and increases attention and concentration in class due to improved nutritional status and reduced short-term hunger
- Increment in the number of children enrolled in schools within communities in which we operate hence reducing the number of street children who will otherwise create future human resource waste.
- Wealth creation for local farmers whose farm products are purchased for the program.
- In furtherance to these objectives and taking into consideration that our organization is young and under-resourced, we count on the support of all well-wishers in diverse ways to sustain the project.
- We would accept a donation in the form of (1) money (2) foodstuff (3) cooking materials etc.
Philanthropists, well-wishers and donor agencies having the desire to support our initiative should please contact us.